Call for Papers
Call for Papers: Participation at an International Conference Mapping the Spaces of Modernist Cities in the Context of the Principles of CIAM's Athens Charter (Nova Gorica, 11‒13 March 2020)
Researchers in the fields of art and architectural history, architecture, urbanism, landscape architecture, history, sociology and geography, are kindly invited to participate at an international conference, organized in the scope of the research project Mapping the Urban Spaces of Slovenian Cities from the Historical Perspective: Modernism in Nova Gorica and its Contexts, where the following topics will be discussed:
- The Formation and Establishment of a Functionalist City
- The Centre of New Functionalist Cities and the Identity of the City
- Monotony or Diversity of Modernist Residential Architecture
- The Forgotten and Decaying Industrial Heritage
- Religious Architecture in New Functionalist Cities
- Monuments in the Public Space of Functionalist Cities
- Mapping and Visualization of a City’s Space
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE SUBMISSION OF CONTRIBUTIONS:
The presentation in English should not exceed 20 minutes. An e-book with contributions will be published before the conference.
Deadline for the application with a short CV (in English, 100 words max.) and an abstract (in English, 300 words max.): 15 October 2019.
Deadline for the submission of the paper (in English, 5000 words max.): 30 January 2020.
Please, send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the conference, see the attachments.
The research project Mapping the Urban Spaces of Slovenian Cities from the Historical Perspective: Modernism in Nova Gorica and its Contexts (L6-8262, 1. 5. 2017 – 30. 4. 2020), which is financially supported by the Slovenian Research Agency, Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts and Municipality Nova Gorica. For more information on the project see www.novagoricaart.si